Video Editor Traineeship
PipeWolf Media is looking for a hardworking creative to join our media team as a Video Editor Trainee.
You’ll learn everything that’s involved with the editing side of video production. Working closely with other video editors and videographers you’ll gain valuable experience, skills, and knowledge. Each week you’ll learn on the job, and you’ll also be completing a Certificate IV in Screen and Media (or similar qualification).
As a Video Editor Trainee, you’ll learn how to edit:
- Audio recordings
- Virtual Tours
Gain experience working in a media team, producing a wide range of video and audio content. Your week will incorporate learning at TAFE/online learning and receiving hands-on, real-world industry training.
This full-time paid traineeship will best suit someone who has just left school, although that’s not a requirement. This is an entry-level position with a trainee award wage pay rate.
About PipeWolf Media
Established in 2017 PipeWolf Media has quickly grown and is now one of the Illawarra’s leading video production companies. Based in Wollongong NSW, PipeWolf Media specialise in film and audio production for local businesses and events in and around the Illawarra.
As a company, PipeWolf Media had two video production brands, PipeWolf Media and PipeWolf Weddings. PipeWolf Weddings creates dynamic, cutting-edge, and creative highlight reels, while PipeWolf Media focuses on corporate, marketing and long-form content.
PipeWolf Media is the perfect place to get your start in the video production industry – their small team offers room to flourish, learning through hands-on experience, in an environment with one-on-one training and mentorship.
- You are creative, some might even say quirky, with a deep love for art, design, and media.
- You’re somewhere between being computer literate and a tech-savvy nerd.
- A bit of a perfectionist you take pride in your attention to detail and your organisational skills.
- You love making things, you love creating videos. You have a passion for stories and the storytelling process.
- You are curious, keen to learn, excited about improving your skills.
- You are friendly, inclusive, and accepting of others.
- You work well within a team.
- You’re able to work self-directed and have great time management skills. You can work to deadlines and follow instructions.
- You’re a hard worker, you like to challenge yourself.
Also About You
- You’d rather edit videos than film them. You’re happy to keep crafting fantastic video and audio content in the office while others head out to film.
- You’re excited about working in a tight-knit media team based in Wollongong, where you will edit a wide range of corporate, social media and wedding content.
Beneficial skills (but not essential)
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience using DaVinci Resolve
- An aptitude for design
- Producing and editing footage for a wide range of videos including social media content, wedding and event highlights, long-form videos, promotional media, and online video content.
- Editing podcasts.
- Editing virtual tours (360° photographs).
- Working with graphics and animations.
- Video editing, colour grading and sound mixing.
- During your traineeship you’ll gain some experience in storyboarding, directing and video production, creating graphics/animations.
- You’ll be working from our PipeWolf Media office in Berkeley (near Wollongong) NSW. Your work hours will be 10am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.
- Potential for full-time employment and further training upon completion of the traineeship.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
- Please supply a minimum of two references.
- Pre-employment skills assessment/screening will occur.
- The position commences in January 2022.
- As part of your application, you must submit a 1-min video that highlights your video editing skill level. Applications submitted without a video will not be considered. The video can include stock footage, footage filmed by someone else or footage you’ve filmed. All editing must be by you. Editing can be done on any software platform – we are looking for storytelling ability and creative talent over technical skill – show us what you’ve got! Videos can be submitted via YouTube (send us the link), Dropbox or Google Drive (send us a share link rather than a folder invite).
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company. If you are ready to learn, gain experience with a wide range of projects and looking for a creative role where you can shine, please forward your C.V with a covering letter, video editing portfolio (if you have one) and video submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30th November 2021